* Biosensors (enzyme electrodes, immunosensors and genosensors)
* Nanostructures and Nanobiotechnology
* Electoanalysis: Redox and Chemical Probes
* Electroanalysis: Distribution of Antioxidants in Food Model Emulsions by LSV and DPP
* Electrochemistry at tailored interfaces
* Nanomaterial-based Biosensors
* New electroanalytical methodology applied to Environmental, Food and Health fields
Development of analytical procedures that provide methods for sensitive, selective and fast analyses of compounds and elements of interest in food, environmental and health (antioxidants, pollutant, metals …) by means of the employment of electrochemical techniques, modified electrodes and / or surfaces functionalization of the transducer and biosensors for sensing applications. Design and construct new sensor surfaces for Metalomic, Proteomic and Genomic as robust devices.
"Supervision of Master Project (TCAQ) of students from Universidade do Minho with the Program ErasmusPlacement"